Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My thoughts after reading Ms. Marvel #5


First of all what kind of “bad guy” are you Doyle? Telling the hero everything. I will never understand that. (Shakes head in disbelief.) Well I guess what do you expect? Doyle is crazy. Not like in a dangerous way. 
 
Well sometimes not all together people scare me the most but that’s a while other issue that I have. (Okay I can’t leave that side rant unsaid. It’s like the zombie apocalypse. I would not be afraid of the zombies, I would be afraid of the people.)

Back to the point Doyle is not that kind of crazy. He is more like cat lady crazy. Well he does call those robots his kitties. And pets them? 

This time there was no Bruno angst. Not in a bad way, but are those two crazy kids every going to get it together. Although it was great to see some story building with Kamala’s courage and costume. 

Poor Kamala, sometimes you forget that she is just a kid. And then the writers remind you by including phrases like “As great as it feels to be powerful … I kind of want my mom right now. Or not.”

Kamala’s parents remind me of the parents from the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Well except in this case the parent roles are reverse. Every time I hear Muneeba say things “My—my beautiful daughter is destroying her life!” I hear things like, “Toula, Toula we never thought you’d get married.” I think these things, not in a bad way. Kamala’s parents are just traditional. But they still are parents. Take it from me, parents just don’t understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment