Monday, September 30, 2013

Broadchurch



I admit when I first saw that David Tennant and Arthur Darvill would appear in Broadchurch, I could not help but feel that pang in my heart for the Doctor and Rory. But after watching the first episode all I could see was Detective Inspector Alec Hardy and Reverend Paul Coates. After the second episode I could not help but be a definite fan of this show.
For those of you who may not have seen Broadchurch yet, fair warning this blog may contain a couple of spoilers. The story revolves around the death of 11 year old resident Danny Latimer, and how it effects his family and the town.
As the story progresses you learn that Broadchurch is not such simple town after all that everyone is keeping secrets even some of the Latimer family members. There were some secrets that I could not believe. Like when we found out that Mark was having an affair, Beth is having an affair, or that Danny has been sneaking out all hours of the night without his parents knowing.
The whole cast of Broadchurch was wonderful on this show. No actor carries the show what I mean by this is that each cast member makes the show fluid. Each actor is a piece of the puzzle.
Another piece of the show that was essential was the music composition. Olafur Arnalds composes beautiful, suspenseful, and haunting music for this show. When Danny’s killer is reveled my heart went up. As each step the DI Hardy took towards the phone signal my heart as pounded faster with each step. Such brilliant music.
Speaking of the last episode I am sure like most people I was like what? When I found out it was Joe. I did not see that coming especially since his wife was the second led detective on this case.
It did make me sad when Beth asked Miller how could you not know. My heart truly went out to Beth, but 1% of my heart was like, but everyone was keeping secrets even your husband.
This season of Broadchruch was amazing. I loved how it pulled you in right from the start, and let you see all the events that took place the night of Danny’s death to help bring some type of closure to everything. Normally I do not use the term an emotional rollercoaster, but this show was just that. If you’ve made it this far, and want to see a show that will make you cry, and make your heart skip a beat I would recommend this show.


No comments:

Post a Comment