Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Perspective, you confusingly wonderful thing you.



I write this to no one in particular, just writing for myself. This is a little more personal than my last couple of blogs because I wanted to share what is on my mind.
And I do not mean to come across as lumping everyone into on category when and if I use the word we, but as I share this perhaps I am not alone in feeling this way from time to time.
As the past week has come to an end, I have reflected on it. I’ve come to the conclusion, perspective is a strange and wonderful thing. Sometimes when we lose it, perspective can come kick us in the behind.
The biggest question I have always asked myself when I would think on perspective is - How can I work on not waiting until I come across a book, a poem, or a video to realize I left perspective behind. I want to be able to greet perspective with open arms and say thank you for making me see things clearer. Before it is too late. Before I am so wrapped up in my own thoughts to see the truth that goes on around me.
The answer, breathe. Take a moment to focus on the fun, joy that is occurring right now. Because focusing on the worries, is going to make you feel like nothing is good enough. And you are always going to feel blah, or be in a bad mood.
It’s important to see ourselves as our loved ones do. With love. Otherwise we will find ourselves drowning in the focus of the accidental mistake we made, missing the bus, or spilling coffee on our favorite shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment