Monday, August 26, 2013

My week in poetry:



As this past week came to an end. I sat down to write about it for my blog. About the third paragraph in, I felt writing a summary or memoir type passage did not feel right. I decided the only way, the only true way to share how I felt this week with any reader who comes across this, is through a poem.
This will be the first poem I post on the internet. Normally my poems are handwritten in notebooks or sketchbooks. Not that I am embarrassed, but poetry has always been my first creative outlet long before sharing thoughts via blogs, or Twitter became another.
So today I have decided to combine the two. Thank you for letting me share, and thank you for reading.


Through Your Eyes
your warmth swallows me whole
my soul is set on fire with the light of your love
floating through the darkness of what I believe to be my biggest fears
as each wave of doubt and worry crashes on me,
I lift up my hand towards the sky
and I feel your fingers intertwine with mine,
and you pull me out of the empty ocean and into your arms
I know it was all a dream
because when I look at you,
I see myself as you do
with love

No comments:

Post a Comment