Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Charlie come back!



I don’t think I am committing a spoiler alert crime by saying I like many other cried when we saw Charlie died on Supernatural. I love when Felicia Day guest stars on Supernatural. Her, Jared Padalecki, and Jensen Ackles have a natural chemistry. Get it natural? Just kidding. It’s a bit of a cliché or whatever to say people have natural chemistry, but its okay, I like cheese. And this statement is true. Of course the fan in me is like does anyone really die on Supernatural? I’m looking at you Sam and Dean.

I know from conventions, etc most of Felicia Day fans come from Buffy. But I come from a little YouTube sensation, you might have heard of it, The Guild. Okay Sorry about that, I did not mean to sound like Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons there. After watching the first episode of The Guild, that was it. I was like Felicia Day is my hero!

If you’ve read any of my past blogs I wrote one called My Husband’s Geeking Out verses My Geeking Out in which I tell the very short story (because it all happened so fast) of how I met Felicia Day at a Dallas Fan Days and told her “I love you. You’re my hero.” Then I proceeded to run off. It was like I just said something nice about you, but I can’t stick around to talk about because I got to go uh… see you moment.

On a side note I am trying to get better at that. I mean at Star Wars Celebration I did say it is nice to meet you to Mark Hamill. That’s progress right? She said looking around the room waiting for an approving look. I mean I did not run off after I said it. So … I am going to say, progress. Eh, who am I kidding I am an introvert by nature.

When I first started watching The Guild. I tried to talk to work friends who liked gaming and YouTube about Felicia Day, and I would get who is Felicia Day? …… I know right? That’s a lie that I am even listening to, to begin with.

I am not here to act as though I know Felicia Day on a personal level because I don’t. I only know what I experience from Fan Days and SDCC. Hmm …  I guess I should put Comic Con into context. A couple of years after my Fan Days experience my husband and I were at the Geek & Sundry Lounge. He just started his blog and when he went up to Felicia Day and gave her his business card, and she said thank you for taking time to give her the card. 

So back to what I was saying from my experience and talking to other convention goers Felicia Day is a down to earth person. She genuinely is herself. She does not pretend to be something she is not. She also cares about the people who come to meet me her.

I know that Felicia Day (sorry I am not sure why I keep saying her full name like that, anywho) has a lot of great movies, shows, and YouTube creations to her name. Which is why we need more people like Felicia Day in the world because they represent the geeky, nerdy, creative, etc dreams of others and the best of us.

IMHO. And if I can be real for one moment. To be who you truly are is a scaring thing. Felicia Day is not afraid to say how she feels or what she thinks. She is my hero is because in a world where people pretend to be something they are not or hide behind the keyboard, there is this person who is saying this is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment